skip to Main Content
How To: PRC Online Application For The Food Technologist, Chemist, And Chemical Technician Licensure Exams

How to: PRC Online Application for the Food Technologist, Chemist, and Chemical Technician Licensure Exams

Post Series: Chem and Chem Tech Boards Application and Exam Information

Taking the Food Technologist, Chemist, or Chemical Technician Licensure Exam this year but don’t know how to proceed with your application? We are here to help!

Application for PRC Board Exams, as well as registration for and renewal of PRC IDs, can now be done online through the PRC Licensure Examination & Registration Information System (LERIS). All you need to do is set up your profile in LERIS and schedule an appointment at the PRC office of your choice to submit the requirements and confirm your application.

Take note of the opening date for online processing of applications for the Chem and ChemTech Boards indicated on PRC’s website. We suggest you proceed with your application as early as possible to get the earliest available appointment dates, as there are a limited number of slots allotted per PRC office at a time.

1. First things first. Register for an account at

Previous accounts from the old website ( are no longer active, so you will need to register for a new account in LERIS.


2. Once you have created an account, you will be asked to validate your email address. Once validated, you may now sign in using the email address and password you entered in Step 1.


3. Set up your profile, and fill out all the required information.


4. Upload a 2×2 ID photo to complete your profile.

Make sure to follow the required photo specifications to avoid delays in your application.

Note that the photo you upload here will be the one used in your auto-generated application form.


5. Once you have finished setting up your profile, you may now click Select Transaction.

For Board Exam application, click the Examination tab, then enter the details of the licensure exam you are applying for.

Select the date and place of examination, as indicated on PRC’s website. For more important dates to remember, click here.


6. Once you have confirmed the examination details, proceed to schedule an appointment. Select the PRC branch where you want to have your appointment. The earliest available date and time based on your choice will be shown on the right.

If you are ok with this date and time, click Proceed; otherwise, click Reschedule. Note that you can only reschedule once per transaction. If there are no more slots available at your chosen PRC office, you can either wait for them to open new slots, or simply select a new branch.


7. Pay the examination fee via your preferred mode of payment.

Depending on the option you choose, the convenience fee will vary. No additional fee will be charged for payments made through the PRC-Cashier option; however, you will need to pay and transact at your chosen appointment place and date only.

8. Once payment is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation of your transaction and appointment place and date. Take note of the reference number!


9. To access the details of your transaction, click the Existing Transaction tab.

From here you can directly print your application form, which has been automatically generated based on the information you entered earlier.

Print and sign this form before going to your appointment.


10. All that’s left to do is go to your selected PRC office on the scheduled date and time to submit your documentary requirements and application form.


Make sure to complete your applications before the indicated deadline on PRC’s website. For more important dates to remember, click here.

To see the list of documentary requirements needed to accompany your application, visit the following links.

Chem Boards requirements        ChemTech Boards requirements

PRC ONLINE SERVICES. (n.d.). Retrieved from Professional Regulation Commission:

This Post Has 10 Comments
  1. Hi. Im a Chemical Engineering graduate. Is it required for me to submit certification of employment in chemical laboratory by a registered chemists?

    1. Hello, Jane!

      You are qualified to take the Chemical Technician Licensure Exam as long as you meet the minimum 30 units requirement in Chemistry and Chemistry-related subjects (including those involving chemical analysis, for example, Food Chemistry and Analysis).

      Generally, BS Chemical Engineering graduates meet the minimum 30-unit requirement to take the ChemTech Boards.

      If your earned units are still less than 30, you may add units from your Chemistry-related work experience. During your application, submit a certification indicating your number of years of lab work experience, signed by a registered chemist working full time in the said laboratory (along with the other documents in your application).

      Happy to help!

      Yours truly,
      The SRC Team

      1. Good day .Ask kolang po kung pwedeng ileave blank yung date of graduation sa may registration sa PRC? Bs Chemistry po ako pero undergrad palng po . Bale naka 30 units na ako pero balak ko sana hong magtake ng Chemtech exam ngayon. Salamat.

  2. Hi

    I am a BS. Environmental Science Graduate and recently I’m outside the country. How can I submitted my requirements? Does your center accepts online submission of requirements?Are there any differences in requirements for students who preferred online review to class seat in review? How to know if i already had 30 units?


  3. Good day, COPY OF TOR with FOR BOARD EXAM USE ONLY po ba is ok lang? or need tlga autenticated? dati po kc un ang requirements ata ung magpaplagay ng FOR BOARD EXAM USE ONLY sa TOR. un po kasi naipagawa ko sa school

  4. Good day, I am a Food Technology graduate . May I ask if I am qualified to take the Chem. Tech Board Exam? May subject po kami na Food Chemistry 1 and 2 . Kasali po ba yun sa bilang to have a 30 units in Chemistry ?

    1. Hello Diandrakylle! You are qualified to take the Chemical Technician Licensure Exam as long as you meet the minimum 30 units requirement in Chemistry and Chemistry-related subjects (including those involving chemical analysis, for example, Food Chemistry and Analysis).

      You may present your TOR to the PRC and Board of Chemistry and let them evaluate the same. As much as we would want to help, it is in the authority of the PRC and Board of Chemistry to make the final decision regarding licensure exam eligibility.

      Happy to help!

      Yours truly,
      The SRC Team

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top